1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cathater pain

Discussion in 'IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ' started by Lorraine Worthington, Jan 28, 2018.

1. Lorraine Worthington

Hi I have ms have had an indwelling catheter for 10 year now recently I have been experiencing horrible pain and the cathater tries to expelling itself, doctor says I don't have an infection anyone out there who has had similar experience

2. Gem Savory

Gem Savory Moderator
    Staff Member

Hi Lorraine,

Welcome to the forum. I'm sorry to hear you're in so much pain. Could there be a blockage or kink in the tubing that's causing the pain. Have you been referred back to your urologist to check it out?

Gemma

3. Lorraine Worthington

Hi Gemma no kinks the usual debris in the tube but no blockage. No referral as yet, just another change of cathater at the doctors. My bladder has shrunk over the years so now on a paediatric size cathater, maybe time to discuss going to a suprapubic