1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Just Can't Wait Card - Important News

Discussion in 'IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ' started by administrator, Nov 2, 2016.

1. administrator

administrator Community Admin
    Staff Member

Our team have been working very hard behind the scenes to find a supporter to cover the costs for production and postage - which would enabled us to remove the £5 charge. The great news is that we’ve now partnered with Securicare, who have agreed to support the initial waiting list of Just Can’t Wait Cards - and that includes you.

With this much needed support, the Bladder & Bowel Community are now able to put the wheels in motion. I’m sure you appreciate that there is still work to do and that it takes a few days to get the cards printed and posted out to you. Our aim is to deliver the cards through your letterbox within the next two weeks.

Thank you for your patience and continued support.

Attached Files:

#1 administrator, Nov 2, 2016
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2016
  2. Michael Relihan

Michael Relihan New Member

3. Michael Relihan

Michael Relihan New Member

Dear Bladder & Bowel Community
    That's great news on The Just Can't Wait Cards The initiative with Securicare allowing you to remove the
    £5 charge is really good news for those who need the cards

sandra softley, Dave King and IanH like this.
  4. Dave King

Dave King New Member

I registered for a 'JUST CAN'T WAIT CARD' before this Forum and haven't yet received it. The registration doesn't work for me probably because I have already registered. Any Clues as to where it is? Dave King

Theresa Miller and administrator like this.
  5. katiels89

katiels89 New Member

I'm yet to receive the card also, I requested it before the new forums.

Theresa Miller and administrator like this.
  6. Dave King

Dave King New Member

We live in hope with fingers crossed (and legs, of course, but that goes without saying)

administrator likes this.
  7. administrator

Staff Member

Hi all, apologies for the delay. The new cards are in the process of being printed and will be ready for posting next Friday. Unfortunately, the current timescales are beyond our control. However, things will get quicker once we get over our initial challenges fro taking over the now defunct foundation. And we have a lot of them! :eek:

8. Dave King

Dave King New Member

Thank You Chief Techy Honcho - Now we know we can wait for a can't wait card

Keane likes this.
  9. Sarah crouch

Sarah crouch New Member

I'm new to the site. I signed up today after being refused access to a toilet today, which progressed into a very embarrassing situation and the owner of the public place made me feel so small. I've always managed to control my problem but my crohns is getting to the point I'm not able to. I was wondering when will the toilet card arrive? Just so I'm not in the same situation I was in today

Dave King likes this.
  10. Dave King

Dave King New Member

I empathise with you completely - What an aweful experience. I hope you have spread the word amongst your friends and relatives about your experience at that premises.
    It wouldn't help you but I am considering 'naming & shaming' on Trip Advisor or Facebook any proprietors that refuse toilet access for those in need, after all we are disabled in a fashion and facilities should be made available for the disabled. Legislation is bound to be weak but bad publicity is far more damaging

11. Keane

Keane New Member

This is why I have always thought that a NHS-authorised card identifying our condition would be of great benefit to us.

I'm so sorry you experienced this Sarah and can totally understand how you feel having experienced this situation myself.

PAULA WRAGG, Mrs Karen King and PIP like this.
  12. PIP

PIP Member

So sorry about what happened to you.Hopefully your card will arrive soon and this type of situation can be avoided.

13. administrator

Staff Member

Hi all,
    Really sorry about the delay with the cards and more importantly, this issues you have been suffering. The printers let us down a little with the turn-around. The great news is that we sent 2000 out on Friday, so hopefully, you're in this batch. Please let us know if you don't get one in the next couple of days - and let us know if you do!

Dave King likes this.
  14. Keane

Keane New Member

Thank you for this update it's much appreciated and will do :)

15. katiels89

katiels89 New Member

How were they sent? Mine should have been amongst the 2000 that were sent on Friday, but I am yet to receive mine. I'm going to New York on Weds and I was hoping it would have arrived in time, I'm really stressing about the toilet situation over there which is making my IC and IBS worse. :(

16. Dave King

Dave King New Member

Hi, I received mine this a.m. - Thank You - I have used it succesfully twice all ready

17. Clairecal

Clairecal New Member

Hi I'm not sure if Iv applied for my card iv registered and I cant seem to load anything on the apply here button. Have I automatically generated it by registering initially .. Kind regards x

18. Dave King

Dave King New Member

That happened to me - keep your eye on the post - I can't be that special if they have sent 2000 out last Friday

19. administrator

Staff Member

Dave, that's great news. Thanks for the update.

20. administrator

Staff Member

Hi katiels89, We're really sorry we missed you. The delay has been unavoidable from our end as since we changed the card to free from the £5 charge, we have had to raise the money to pay for them from our brilliant sponsor SecuriCare. However, it has taken a while to get the funding through and then the cards printed and distributed. I know it doesn't help you right now, but we are learning how it all works and will try our hardest to make it quicker in the future.