1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Severe low back pain after mesh implant

Discussion in 'IMPORTANT INFORMATION - PLEASE READ' started by dianepl55, Apr 19, 2017.

1. dianepl55

dianepl55 New Member

Hi,new to this site,after seeing that over 800 women are suing the manufacturers of synthetic mesh used for prolapse surgery I wondered if there were any women on this site that are suffering like myself after mesh surgery for anterior and posteria prolapse?

Debrah Evans likes this.
  2. Simon Jones

Simon Jones Administrator

Hi dianepl55, I'm sorry to hear that you are suffering from this and I know that you are not alone with this at all. I've been seeing reports in newspapers about hundreds of women who are suffering from similar surgeries.

Just wondering, have you looked into the legal route yourself? Our supporters Irwin Mitchell might be able to provide you with some guidance - give Anna Vroobel a call on 0207 400 8727 or you can email her anna.vroobel@irwinmitchell.com

3. Mandy Mac

Mandy Mac New Member

Hi Diane I got the tvt mesh for stress incontinence 6 years ago. Up to last month it's best great. Recently I've woke each monthly with lower back pain. I'm also getting a cramping in my upper thighs. Don't know if it's related but I'm a bit concerned I'm going to my DR's for advice x

4. Mandy Mac

Mandy Mac New Member

Morning not monthly!

5. Debrah Evans

Debrah Evans New Member

There are a lot of support groups for people suffering from mesh implants. It's called "Australian pelvic mesh support group" I would urge you to go onto Facebook and join. You will find hundreds of ladies who have been injured from having a mesh implant. ThE support you will get from this site is amazing. I didn't realise my symptoms were mesh related until I joined this site. There are many other sites in America and England too. However you can join them all if you wish. Google mesh injured women and you will be shocked how many women and men are suffering from mesh implants.
    Hope this helps

6. Debrah Evans

Debrah Evans New Member

Please refer my recent post